The majestic Mount Revelstoke National Park is located in beautiful British Columbia, Canada. This incredible park is an amazing destination for nature lovers looking to explore and enjoy a unique wilderness experience. Whether you’re looking for hiking trails, wildlife viewing opportunities, or breathtaking views of the spectacular Rocky Mountains, Mount Revelstoke National Park has something for everyone. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at all this incredible national park has to offer and why it’s worth visiting!
Mount Revelstoke National Park is located in southeastern British Columbia, Canada. The park is situated along the Trans-Canada Highway between the cities of Revelstoke and Golden. Mount Revelstoke National Park covers an area of 1,598 square kilometers and is home to a variety of wildlife, including grizzly bears, mountain goats, bighorn sheep, and elk.
The park was established in 1914 and is renowned for its old-growth forest and alpine meadows. Visitors can explore the park through a variety of activities, such as hiking, camping, backpacking, and mountain biking. Several glaciers are also located within the park boundaries, which can be accessed via helicopter tours.
How to Get There
There are a few different ways to get to Mount Revelstoke National Park, depending on where you are coming from. If you are coming from Vancouver, the best way to get to the park is by taking the Greyhound bus. The bus will drop you off at the Trans-Canada Highway, which is about a 30-minute drive from the park entrance. If you are coming from Calgary, the best way to get to the park is by taking the Rocky Mountain Express train. The train will drop you off at the Revelstoke railway station, which is about a 10-minute drive from the park entrance.
What to Do
There are plenty of activities to keep you busy in Mount Revelstoke National Park! Hiking and mountain biking are popular in the summer, while skiing and snowshoeing are great winter activities. The Meadows in the Sky Parkway is a must-do, offering stunning views of the Columbia River Valley. For a more leisurely experience, take a scenic drive or go for a walk around one of the many lakes in the park.
When to Go
Summer is the best time to visit Mount Revelstoke National Park when the weather is warm and the days are long. However, spring or fall may be a better choice if you’re looking to avoid crowds. Winter is also a great time to visit when the snow-covered landscape is truly magical.
The best places to visit in Mount Revelstoke National Park
Mount Revelstoke National Park, located in British Columbia, Canada, is a beautiful and diverse park with many attractions and scenic spots. Some of the best places to visit in Mount Revelstoke National Park are:
- Meadows in the Sky Parkway – This scenic drive takes you to the top of Mount Revelstoke and offers panoramic views of the surrounding mountains, valleys, and forests.
- Skunk Cabbage Boardwalk – An easy and accessible boardwalk that winds through a swampy area filled with skunk cabbage plants and other unique vegetation.
- The Woodcutters’ Bluff Trail – A scenic trail that offers views of the forest, river, and distant mountains while passing through a forest of giant cedar and hemlock trees.
- The Giant Cedars Boardwalk is a short boardwalk that leads through a grove of giant cedar trees over 1,000 years old.
- Mount Revelstoke Summit – A challenging hike to the summit of Mount Revelstoke for panoramic views of the park and the surrounding landscape.
These are just a few of the many highlights of Mount Revelstoke National Park. Whether you are interested in scenic drives, easy hikes, or challenging climbs, there is something for everyone in this beautiful park.
Did you know about Mount Revelstoke National Park?
Here are seven interesting facts about Mount Revelstoke National Park:
- Old-Growth Forest: Mount Revelstoke National Park is home to one of the largest areas of old-growth forest in the Columbia Mountains, with trees that are over 1,000 years old.
- Alpine Flowers: The park is known for its diverse and colorful alpine wildflowers, which bloom from late June to early September.
- Biodiversity: The park is a biodiversity hotspot, with a variety of plant and animal species found nowhere else in the world.
- Wildlife: Mount Revelstoke National Park is home to various wildlife, including black bears, grizzly bears, moose, mountain goats, and deer.
- History: The park was established in 1914, making it one of the oldest national parks in Canada.
- Elevation: Mount Revelstoke National Park covers an area of over 261 square kilometers, with elevations ranging from 340 meters to over 2,000 meters.
- Glacier: The park is home to the Rogers Glacier, a well-known and accessible glacier that visitors can hike to and explore.
These are just a few of the many interesting facts about Mount Revelstoke National Park. Whether you are a nature lover, a hiker, or simply looking for a peaceful escape, this park has something for everyone.
There are several accommodation options available when visiting Mount Revelstoke National Park. There are camping sites available in the park, as well as a variety of hotels and motels in the nearby town of Revelstoke.
Camping is a great way to experience all Mount Revelstoke National Park offers. Four campgrounds are located within the park boundaries, all of which offer stunning views and easy access to hiking trails. Backcountry campsites are available with advance reservations if you’re looking for a more rustic experience.
If you prefer a more comfortable stay, there are plenty of hotels and motels to choose from in Revelstoke. Whether you’re looking for budget-friendly options or luxurious accommodations, you’ll be sure to find something to suit your needs.
Other Useful Information
In addition to the information already provided, here are some other things that may be useful to know before planning a trip to Mount Revelstoke National Park:
- The park is open year-round, but some facilities and activities are only available during summer.
- There is a fee for entrance into the park, which covers access to all of the attractions and facilities.
- There are a number of different accommodation options available within the park, ranging from camping to hotels.
- There is an abundance of wildlife in the park, including bears, so it is important to be aware of safety precautions.
Google Maps Mount Revelstoke National Park
Google Maps is a great way to explore Mount Revelstoke, National Park. You can zoom in and out to see the different trails, lakes, and mountains. The satellite view is also really helpful in getting an idea of the lay of the land.
This embeddable Google Map generated for free on Canada Maps.com
Mount Revelstoke National Park offers some of the most breathtaking views in all of Canada. With its mix of lush forests, majestic mountains, and cascading waterfalls, it truly is a nature lover’s paradise. Whether you are looking to explore its trails or relax and take in the scenery, one visit to this incredible park will leave you wanting more. The unique beauty of Mount Revelstoke National Park makes it a must-see destination for anyone venturing into British Columbia.